Friday, May 13, 2011

Subways and Birds? Yes, It’s Okay!

The high moisture and low temperatures during spring work towards making your parrot comfortable when traveling outdoors. Parrot owners enjoy taking their parrot to the park. But, not every parrot owner lives within walking distance from the park. And, it’s not much of a day off if you have to move the ark. Solution:
Take public transportation!
During my time in NYC, I used public transportation a great deal, but wasn’t sure if it was bird safe. So, I contacted NYC MTA and my avian vet. NYC MTA allows small companion pets in pet-safe carriers on subways and buses at no extra charge. A quick call to a local avian vet relieved my fears of subway “fumes,” saying that “no fumes existed in NYC subways.” However, be cautious of subway painters and technicians that may be using chemicals in repair areas and step outside while waiting for your train.

 I have found that my gold cap is fascinated at the trains coming in and out of the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment