Thursday, September 01, 2011

Knowing Your Parrot's Taste

I have owned my beloved conure for over ten years, and throughout those years have found little in the way of conures and lots in the way of parrots. Yes, conures are parrots, but not all parrots are alike. We are all told to feed pellets, fruits and veggies with some seed, but what we are not told is to take into consideration our feathered friend's natural diet.

After a bit of research at the World Parrot Trust's website, I learned that my Golden-capped conure eats a natural diet of mango, papaya, oranges and seed. "No wonder he likes the Tropical Fruit Nutri-berries the best!"

As a result, I have been able to select foods that are more in tune with MY parrot's natural tastes and nutritional needs. The moral of the story is KNOW YOUR PARROT. Take a moment to visit the World Parrot Trust's website to learn more about YOUR parrot and about the part of the world he is from, too. Feeding time will be a lot less stressful and more successful.

I look forward to hearing your success stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment